sexta-feira, 22 de abril de 2011

como se diz "Gambiarra / fazer uma gambiarra" em inglês?

jerry-rig | jury rig  |  to do a MacGyver on | quick fix

Nobody wants to buy a house with jerry-rigged installations.

The jerry-rigged the lawn mower broke again.

All his electronic devices have been jury-rigged to allow him to grip and use them more easily.

The MacGyver chef at the restaurant tried to make Salmon in Cilantro sauce in his dishwasher

After searching all kinds of place I finally found them in Metro (a wholesaler) of all places.

I couldn`t find the strainer so I MacGyver'ed myself a pan with some holes.

I MacGyver'ed together my old tv set using a cardboard box, a stapler,  duct tape and a small piece of steel wool, no it is working perfectly.

NOTE
O termo “jerry-rigged” surgiu na segunda Guerra mundial. Segundo uma teoria era assim que os alemães eram conhecidos “jerries”. Os soldados americanos encontraram muitos objetos mal consertados deixados pelos alemães.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário